Getting the best head lice Home Remedies For Treating Your Home For Head Lice is not always an easy task. Nobody likes to have these annoying insect called lice running around on her child’s hair, but the fact is that these head lice are here with us. The Following head lice home remedy tips are prepared to help you get rid of them from your home
1. mix together 20 drops of Eucalyptus essential oil, 20 drops of tea tree oil, 10 drops aniseed essential oil, 10 drops lemon oil in about 75 ml olive oil. Rub it on the hair and leave it for one hour.
2. Make a mixture of olive oil, tea tree shampoo, sweet almond oil, coconut oil and then some tea tree oil. Apply on hair for an hour and rinse in water and hot air dry, then shampoo.
3. Crush the seed of a shareefa and rub it on the scalp. Let it remain on the head for two hours. Then wash the scalp.
4. Apply Vaseline on the scalp and on hair thoroughly. Vaseline will suffocate the lice. It may need about 6 washes. Some corn flour may be rubbed into the hair before washing the hair.
5. Blend about 12 drops of tea tree oil into a bottle of normal shampoo and shampoo the hair.
6. Mix together neem leaves, basil leaves, and about 10 cloves and grind to make a thick paste using beer.
7. Massage the scalp with onion juice for about four hours and finally wash the hair. Follow this treatment for at least 3 consecutive days.
8. Apply any of the following: olive oil, Mayonnaise oil, coconut oil or tea tree oil on the scalp for overnight. Do this after every ten days
9. Rub Listerine Antiseptic Mouthwash on the head of the infested person. Listerine contains essential oils such as eucalyptol, thymol, menthol and methyl salicylate and alcohol, which may kill lice.
10. Dissolve five grams of alum in a bucket of water. Rinse the hairs with this water and dry it. Take precaution the water does not come in contact with eyes.
11. Mixing 5 drops of Citrus essential oil, 10 drops of Eucalyptus essential oil, 10 drops of Geranium essential oil, 20 drops of Lavender essential oil, 20 drops of Rosemary essential oil, 5 drops of Tea tree oil essential oil, and 100 ml Vegetable oil. Apply on dry hair and cover for about three hours.
12. Nits could be difficult to remove. To effectively remove them, specially designed nit combs should be used
13. Apply paste of bitter almonds on the scalp.